From: The EDUCAUSE Wireless Issues Constituent Group Listserv
[mailto:WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU] On Behalf Of Tim Tyler
Sent: Friday, February 26, 2016 8:40 AM
To: WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU
Subject: [WIRELESS-LAN] Rogue AP's

Wireless managers,  {cross referenced with NETMAN}
I am wondering if anyone has found an automatic way to block rogue AP’s on your
network.   I know I can get a report from Airwave on rogue AP’s, but it seems
like it would be time consuming to go after each of them individually.  I am
curious how some of you handle this.  Do you have a method for blocking them?

Also, there are other products beginning to broadcast their own ssid as well
including printers, connectify, etc.   How do you handle them?   Do you even
have policy restricting those from your network?

Tim Tyler
Network Engineer
Beloit College