From: Jeffrey D. Sessler [mailto:j...@scrippscollege.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, March 1, 2016 11:03 AM
Subject: Re: Self-registered MAC device bypass- worth the headaches?

Playing devils advocate, I have to ask the opposite, which is why put up a
barrier in the first place to the student on-boarding their device(s)? Is there
sufficient history to suggest that having to register/on-board the device has a
positive impact on the operation of the network? Should the goal be to have the
experience be as close to what they had at home?

I continue to focus on BYOD and IoT, where implementing something like PPSK
(personal pre-shared key) is probably “good enough.” I imagine a state where
the student gets their key via the student portal and then uses it for all of
their devices.

Jeff

From:
"wireless-lan@listserv.educause.edu<mailto:wireless-lan@listserv.educause.edu>"