From: The EDUCAUSE Wireless Issues Constituent Group Listserv
[mailto:WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU] On Behalf Of Watters, John
Sent: Friday, April 01, 2016 9:06 AM
To: WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU
Subject: [WIRELESS-LAN] Who WiFi vendors does everyone use? REVISITED

Can we revisit this subject? It seems to have gotten a good number of responses
but the information is of limited use without other information to go with it.

If folks will send me information on their wireless networks I will tabulate it
and send it back out to the list.

How about the following info:

School name
Total number of clients served (faculty + staff + students + guess at guests)
during a typical school day
Brand(s) of APs in use and approximate number of APs for each brand
Whether the APs are standalone or controller based
Wireless management platform (e.g., Cisco Prime, HP Aruba Airwave, none, etc.)

For the University of Alabama I would answer as follows:

The University of Alabama
45,000 clients
Cisco 5,000 APs
Controller based
HP Aruba Airwave management

If others want to suggest additional questions, that is fine as long as we can
get them soon enough so that most people who respond will have answers to all
of the questions. Why don't we collect questions until next WED and try to get
the poll sent out next THU?

-jcw
              [UA Logo]

John Watters                           The University of Alabama
                                                Office of Information Technology