I am using old Aironet 1131s for this. Convert them to autonomous and use
the 5GHz radio to associate. It is 802.11a, but this is fine for most
devices. If it needs higher bandwidth we urge the user to get a drop. (Our
residence halls have full wired coverage, so we are not running into this
issue there.)