Can it be configured as a bridge without repeating the wireless signal?

I bought a VONETS VRP5G  to try before recommending a solution to the
student.  Maybe I haven't played with it enough yet, but my issue with it
is that it really seems to want to repeat the wireless signal and be a
range extender in addition to a bridge.  I liked its price and compact form
factor and that it was dual band, but I don't want to recommend anything
that's making its own interfering network.