This is speculation, but based only on the wording of the option it could
cause issues if you have devices with multiple interfaces in separate
networks with the same MAC (opinion on this varies, but it's allowed and
possibly even recommended vs MAC-per-interface). Also if you have any
currently hidden (by being in different locations)
manufacturer-duplicated-MACs, but those are a problem waiting to happen
otherwise anyways. Those two could easily be support headaches, plus it's
another check to process on every lease and it really only is needed if
you're trying to tightly optimize pool usage.

--
Jeremy Mooney
ITS - Bethel University