20 in our dense spaces, 40 where it can be done safely- about 50/50.

Lee Badman (mobile)

On Nov 29, 2016, at 6:09 PM, Jason Cook
<jason.c...@adelaide.edu.au<mailto:jason.c...@adelaide.edu.au>> wrote:

It all comes down to requirements & design, if you can have 0 channel overlap
while using 40Mhz then go for it... This is likely to be quite a challenge in
multi-floor environments. Using tools like Ekahau Site Survey and Airmagnet
survey will help design and verify these installs.

We went from 20 to 40 a few years back, but move back to 20 by default early
last year. We have a few 40Mhz locations where we can, we could probably do a
lot more but unless we have time to design and test we leave things at 20.

Here's come CWNE's talking about it
https://vimeo.com/158370545
Starts 27:50
Though the rest of the video is pretty interesting too

--
Jason Cook
Technology Services