From: Toivo Voll [mailto:to...@mail.usf.edu]
Sent: Thursday, February 2, 2017 9:23 AM
Subject: Re: Windows 10 eduroam EAP/TLS adding "host/" before username in
RADIUS request?

Not EDUROAM, but in my environment the "username" from EAP-TLS gets pulled as a
configurable field from the certificate, so other than selecting whether using
the machine or user certificate on the client (user vs. machine auth), nothing
is prepended or modified. We use SAN-DNS as the "username" field, and there the
machine cert (assigned by AD) does not have a "host/" prefix, just the FQDN of
the machine.

When using EAP PEAP, if machine authentication is allowed, host/ is prepended
to the username with machine auth, but not for user auth once the user logs in.

This is using Windows 10, Cisco WLC 8.0.132, ISE 2.1

--
Toivo Voll

On Wed, Feb 1, 2017 at 6:55 PM, Scot Colburn