From: The EDUCAUSE Wireless Issues Constituent Group Listserv
[mailto:WIRELESS-LAN@listserv.educause.edu] On Behalf Of Hector J Rios
Sent: 15 February 2017 21:40
To: WIRELESS-LAN@listserv.educause.edu
Subject: [WIRELESS-LAN] Cisco 1810W subtleties

If you are planning to buy the Cisco 1810W and you are planning to use the
built-in switchports, I highly advise you to look at the deployment guide and
learn about the subtleties of enabling local switching. Don’t expect for this
AP to work just like the Cisco 702W. Cisco managed to make its configuration a
little more “fun”.

Basically, in order to enable local switching, you have to configure the AP for
FlexConnect. AAAAND you also have to configure a WLAN and AP groups to make
sure your switchports map to the right VLANs. Yeah, it’s like that. Have fun.

Bug ID: CSCva56348
https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCva56348/?reffering_site=dumpcr

Deployment Guide
http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/technotes/8-3/b_AIR_AP_1810_Wall_Plate_Deployment_Guides.html

(It’s not as bad as I make it sound; it is just frustrating that there is no
consistency)

Hector Rios
Louisiana State University
http://www.educause.edu/discuss.