Are you only looking on the DHCP server for the discover? Could a radius
server be returning an option setting an incorrect VLAN or specific ACL for
the client causing it to be dropped at the AP/WLC level? If it's happening
on an open network it'd probably have to be hitting a MAC-based rather than
user-based access rule (or possibly profiled and put in a blocked group).

--
Jeremy Mooney
ITS - Bethel University