From: The EDUCAUSE Wireless Issues Constituent Group Listserv
[mailto:WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU] On Behalf Of Hunter Fuller
Sent: Tuesday, March 28, 2017 9:42 AM
To: WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU
Subject: Re: [WIRELESS-LAN] Dorm Wireless Authentication

How do you handle security concerns, DMCA, and law enforcement requests for
this ESSID?

On Tue, Mar 28, 2017 at 8:23 AM Lee H Badman
<lhbad...@syr.edu<mailto:lhbad...@syr.edu>> wrote:
After kicking tires on leading classification engines and weighing solution
dollars and support costs, we opted to pilot a wide open "gadget and games"
SSID in the dorms that only have Internet access for all the oddballs. With
almost a full year in, it's been very well used and received and we've been
able to answer all of our own security questions that anyone would be
contemplating. I think we'll be moving forward with this model.

Lee Badman (mobile)

On Mar 28, 2017, at 7:48 AM, Osborne, Bruce W (Network Operations)