Hello all,

We are relatively new to the Aruba world, but for our first major
deployment (replacing other APs) we're going for JW797A AP-315 with the
JY706A AP-220-MNT-W3 White Low Profile Box Style Secure Large AP Flat
Surface Mount Kit.

We'd originally done some testing with (I)AP-225 and bracket
AP-220-MNT-W2W.

AP-220-MNT-W2W was discontined in favour of AP-220-MNT-W3.

https://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Wireless-Access/What-is-the-difference-between-the-AP-220-MNT-W2-and-AP-220-MNT/td-p/274771

Now, as we did a rehearsal for the replacement, we discovered that the
AP-315 would not fit the AP-220-MNT-W3 bracket.  The slots for the
mounting lugs of the AP are slightly narrower in width, and so the lugs do
not fit.

Is this a common problem, or perhaps do we have a bad batch?  Can anyone
corroborate?

It is possible to make it fit by some juducious shaving of the plastic,
but that's clearly not desirable.

The AP-315 fits fine on the AP-220-MNT-W2W, although because it is a
smaller AP it looks a bit odd.  And AP-220-MNT-W2W is EoS regardless.

Jethro.

Jethro R Binks, Network Manager,
Information Services Directorate, University Of Strathclyde, Glasgow, UK

The University of Strathclyde is a charitable body, registered in
Scotland, number SC015263.