We operate an Aruba wireless system on our campus with ~3,400APs and a peak client count just under 20K. We have been very happy with the 6.x software train but are considering an upgrade to 8.x in order to leverage some additional features.

My question is, has anyone else tried the ArubaOS 8 code in a production environment? The Aruba sales team thinks the 8.1 software is fairly stable and should work fine in our relatively simple deployment. Aruba tech support seems nervous about running the version 8 code in any production environment, citing some features that don't work yet and general stability issues. If anyone has tried version 8 in a test environment, I'd also be interested in hearing about your experiences.

(on a side note, for our v8 topology, we plan to use a virtualized mobility master (VMM) to oversee a cluster of 7240 hardware controllers that will host the APs. We don't plan to land any APs on a VM controller)

--
Lawson Cassels
Network Engineer