Good Evening,

1.       Has anyone had any experience and would recommend a particular 5GHz
Wifi Micro USB adapter for students that have a Windows Laptop with a 2.4GHz
only integrated adapter?

2.       How is the quality/performance of a 5GHz Micro USB Adapter?

a.       I can't imagine it performing as well as a laptop with Wi-Fi antennas
integrated throughout the monitor.

b.       Would it be better to recommended the internal Wi-Fi NIC be swapped
out for another compatible model - although I could see this being an issue if
the antennas weren't dual-band capable.

Thank you and have a great night!

Christopher Johnson
Wireless Network Engineer
AT Infrastructure Operations & Networking (ION)
Illinois State University
(309) 438-8444
Stay connected with ISU IT news and tips with @ISU IT Help on
Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/ISUITHelp/> and