We did see this in beta testing and for us it was caused by SHA1 radius
certificate. We had a 10year cert so didn’t have to update and so got caught
out with a SHA1(relevant to other discussion). We ended up updating to SHA2
before IOS 11 was released.

We didn’t see issues for different radius servers, so the question about
different certs on the different servers seems to make sense.

Apple’s explanation is that they don’t trust SHA1 anymore, and while they do
allow it for radius and some other things in IOS 11 they don’t trust it in the
IOS 11 upgrade process. So you can forget and reconfigure after upgrade and the
same SHA1 cert will work. It will never work without user intervention after
upgrade.

A Cloudpath installed profile with EAP-TLS didn’t have issues but user
configured PEAP IOS 11 devices did.

The certificate replacement was easy enough in the end. We tested the
experience on the main devices, and communicated out about the change.
Surprisingly very few calls for support, but we told users what to do for each
device and have onboarding so…..

--
Jason Cook
Technology Services