I'm curious about what's driving the need for two AP's in each elevator, or to
have them there in the first place? Even in medical/hospital settings, I
typically see an AP placed on each floor in the elevator lobby. Given how
sticky clients are today, it seems to work very well even for latency sensitive
services like VoIP. It also reduces problems with location-based services
because the AP isn't changing elevation all the time.

Jeff

On 12/1/17, 7:10 AM, "Joachim Tingvold" <joac...@tingvold.com> wrote:

    On 1 Dec 2017, at 15:31, McClintic, Thomas wrote:
    > It won't see them as rogues so you need not be concerned there. It is
    > common practice to create a RF Profile variant for multiple AP Groups
    > and those groups be within RF range of each other on the same
    > controller.

    Yeah, that was my assumption on the matter as well, but this [1]
    document might disagree with that, as it states the following;

    “[…] the access points will then select the beacon/probe-response
    frames in neighboring access point messages to see if they contain an
    authentication information element (IE) that matches that of the RF
    group. If the select is successful, the frames are authenticated.
    Otherwise, the authorized access point reports the neighboring access
    point as a rogue, records its BSSID in a rogue table, and sends the
    table to the Cisco WLC […]”.

    [1]

<https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/8-3/config-guide/b_cg83/b_cg83_chapter_011000.html>

    > I'm confused on the DCA being one channel, you may want to reevaluate
    > that. It would cause you to have separate RF Profiles per channel
    > which sounds daunting. May want to just set the channel statically or
    > change the DCA interval/time.

    The point was to avoid having to fiddle with manually configuring
    several static parameters per AP, that essentially would be identical
    for each deployment. Hence the idea to “simulate” static assignments
    via the RF Profiles, solely so that we can assign such static
    configurations through just AP Groups assignment. This is easier than
    manual configuration of each parameter (less things to configure), and
    also less prone to human errors (compared to manual assignments).

    I’m not entirely convinced yet; it was more of a shower thought (-:

    --
    Joachim