From: The EDUCAUSE Wireless Issues Constituent Group Listserv
<WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU> on behalf of GT Hill <g...@gthill.com>
Sent: Friday, January 19, 2018 9:02 AM
To: WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU
Subject: Re: [WIRELESS-LAN] Cisco Channel Width

This is very anecdotal, but I have personally seen a large university go from
20/40 to all 20 MHz and it have a 30% improvement in end user performance.
Everyone’s mileage will vary but given the data I’ve seen no way would I run 80
MHz channels except in VERY limited scenarios.

If I were implementing a network today I would start at 20 MHz and move UP as
scenarios presented themselves, NOT the other way around.

GT

From: The EDUCAUSE Wireless Issues Constituent Group Listserv
<WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU<mailto:WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU>>
on behalf of "Jeffrey D. Sessler"