Hi Lee,

This is a serious consideration at the moment and would be doing so if we 
weren't hit by a significant flash corruption bug, which would result in a 
number of APs failing due to the software change, requiring thousands (and 
possibly tens of thousands) of contractor dollars to have them replaced since 
we don't run console cables into our APs, due to the reboot.  We'd prefer to 
only do this once more if we can (i.e. to get away from the flash corruption 
bug).

Cheers,
Tristan
-- 
TRISTAN GULYAS
Senior Network Engineer

Technology Services, eSolutions
Monash University
738 Blackburn Road
Clayton 3168
Australia

T: +61 3 9902 9092              
M: +61 (0)403 224 484
E: tristan.gul...@monash.edu <mailto:tristan.gul...@monash.edu>
monash.edu <http://monash.edu/>
> On 11 Apr 2018, at 10:25 pm, Lee H Badman <lhbad...@syr.edu> wrote:
> 
> Any thoughts of rolling back to older code, rather than living with the issue?
>  
> Lee Badman | Network Architect 
> 
> Certified Wireless Network Expert (#200)
> Information Technology Services
> 206 Machinery Hall
> 120 Smith Drive
> Syracuse, New York 13244
> 
> t 315.443.3003   f 315.443.4325   e lhbad...@syr.edu 
> <mailto:lhbad...@syr.edu> w its.syr.edu <http://its.syr.edu/>
> SYRACUSE UNIVERSITY
> syr.edu <http://syr.edu/>
>  
> From: The EDUCAUSE Wireless Issues Constituent Group Listserv 
> <WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU 
> <mailto:WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU>> On Behalf Of Tristan Gulyas
> Sent: Wednesday, April 11, 2018 12:38 AM
> To: WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU 
> <mailto:WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU>
> Subject: Re: [WIRELESS-LAN] More client weirdness
>  
> Hi all,
>  
> We have two TAC cases, one for the Dell 1535 and the other for the general 
> poor connectivity issues.
>  
> We rebooted one AP yesterday and the customer tells us that their 
> connectivity improved.  In another instance, we rebooted an AP and the 
> situation did not improve (in fact, we replaced it - still to no avail).
>  
> We have over 1800 of these deployed so the impact is widespread.  All in 
> local mode.
>  
> I would be very keen to hear if anyone else would be willing to share TAC 
> case details for any tickets logged to Cisco for this issue.
>  
> Cheers,
> Tristan
> -- 
> TRISTAN GULYAS
> Senior Network Engineer
>  
> Technology Services, eSolutions
> Monash University
> 738 Blackburn Road
> Clayton 3168
> Australia
>  
> T: +61 3 9902 9092              
> M: +61 (0)403 224 484
> E: tristan.gul...@monash.edu <mailto:tristan.gul...@monash.edu>
> monash.edu <http://monash.edu/>
> 
> 
> On 11 Apr 2018, at 9:57 am, Jason Cook <jason.c...@adelaide.edu.au 
> <mailto:jason.c...@adelaide.edu.au>> wrote:
>  
> Ours are also local mode.
>  
> Replication could be challenging, we have 27x 702w’s  currently but I’ve only 
> come across 1 confirmed repeat offender. Though some of those are in student 
> accommodation, so I suspect a few of the complaints there could be related. 
> However getting details to troubleshoot are somewhat more challenging there.
>  
> Anyone worked with TAC or had a bug outside of what Stephen mentioned? I 
> don’t recall seeing those logs when looking at this one. Haven’t been in 
> contact with TAC due to low use/impact vs other work.  
>  
> --
> Jason Cook
> Information Technology and Digital Services
> The University of Adelaide, AUSTRALIA 5005
> Ph    : +61 8 8313 4800
>  
> CRICOS Provider Number 00123M
> -----------------------------------------------------------
> This email message is intended only for the addressee(s) and contains 
> information which may be confidential and/or copyright.  If you are not the 
> intended recipient please do not read, save, forward, disclose, or copy the 
> contents of this email. If this email has been sent to you in error, please 
> notify the sender by reply email and delete this email and any copies or 
> links to this email completely and immediately from your system.  No 
> representation is made that this email is free of viruses.  Virus scanning is 
> recommended and is the responsibility of the recipient.
>  
>  
> From: The EDUCAUSE Wireless Issues Constituent Group Listserv 
> <WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU 
> <mailto:WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU>> On Behalf Of Mike Atkins
> Sent: Wednesday, 11 April 2018 1:09 AM
> To: WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU 
> <mailto:WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU>
> Subject: Re: [WIRELESS-LAN] More client weirdness
>  
> I see thanks. I do not think I’ll have time but if I can I’ll setup a 702W 
> and see if I can repeat.  If I can I’ll try to do an over the air capture.
>  
>  
>  
>  
>  
> Mike Atkins
> Network Engineer
> Office of Information Technology
> University of Notre Dame
>  
> From: The EDUCAUSE Wireless Issues Constituent Group Listserv 
> [mailto:WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU 
> <mailto:WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU>] On Behalf Of Gray, Sean
> Sent: Tuesday, April 10, 2018 11:20 AM
> To: WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU 
> <mailto:WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU>
> Subject: Re: [WIRELESS-LAN] More client weirdness
>  
> Nope, all of our 702w are in local mode.
>  
>  
> Sean Gray | B.Sc (Hons)
> Voice, Collaboration & Wireless Network Analyst
> ITS, University of Lethbridge
>  
>  
> From: The EDUCAUSE Wireless Issues Constituent Group Listserv 
> [mailto:WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU 
> <mailto:WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU>] On Behalf Of Mike Atkins
> Sent: April-10-18 3:54 AM
> To: WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU 
> <mailto:WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU>
> Subject: Re: [WIRELESS-LAN] More client weirdness
>  
> I was just curious, are these 702w APs in flex connect mode?
>  
>  
>  
>  
> Mike Atkins
> Network Engineer
> Office of Information Technology
> University of Notre Dame
>  
> .
> ********** Participation and subscription information for this EDUCAUSE 
> Constituent Group discussion list can be found at 
> http://www.educause.edu/discuss <http://www.educause.edu/discuss>.
>  
> ********** Participation and subscription information for this EDUCAUSE 
> Constituent Group discussion list can be found 
> athttp://www.educause.edu/discuss <http://www.educause.edu/discuss>.
> ********** Participation and subscription information for this EDUCAUSE 
> Constituent Group discussion list can be found at 
> http://www.educause.edu/discuss <http://www.educause.edu/discuss>.


**********
Participation and subscription information for this EDUCAUSE Constituent Group 
discussion list can be found at http://www.educause.edu/discuss.

Reply via email to