All,

We have been asked to look into rogue WAP detection and mitigation. We are
an Aruba shop for wireless and are running v6.5.4.12. After doing some
research and looking at Airheads posts, it lead to me a configuration
called "Protect SSID" in the IDS profile. Though I have successfully tested
this in a lab environment and it seems to be "protecting" valid
SSID's (ones that I have configured), I am a little apprehensive about
simply turning this on due to the ramifications that it might cause.

I am wondering if anyone here has used this setting to help with mitigating
rogue SSID broadcasts and protecting your clients connecting to these rogue
WAPs. I would also love to hear about any pitfalls with turning this on,
and any other gotchas that I might need to keep in mind other suggestions
about rogue WAP detection and mitigation, I would love to hear them. Please
feel free to reach me off this list if you wish.

Please let me know if any additional information is needed on my end. Thank
you for your time.

Regards,
Sid

--
[image: Denison University Logo] <https://denison.edu>

*Sidharth S. Nandury*
*Network Engineer*
Information Technology Services

100 West College Street, Granville, OH 43023
<https://deniso.nu/2qF6h7M> | Fellows
003C <https://denison.edu/map>
Office: 740-587-5533 | Mobile: 516-314-4413
nandu...@denison.edu
https://denison.edu/campus/technology

*Please consider the environment before printing this email.*