Hello Craig,

Thanks for your comments.
Our main philosophy with the ANYROAM guest system is security and simplicity
(no password-only certs, one config per device for one year).
ANYROAM-guest can also be enabled per institution (opt-in) (unlike eVA unless
you customize at the NRO level),
Most importantly you get one Certificate per year and (hopefully ;) that 5
minutes of painful configuration can be used at many locations many times for
that one year!
Both eVA and ANYROAM have the advantage of being one identifier good at many
locations, which differs from vendor based Guest Access. Probably a good thing
in a town with many campuses,
but not so advantageous in a more rural setup, unless local shops adopt the
eduroam SSID or RCOI (we have a good example of this at Blacksburg Virginia,
where a local ISP has adopted eduroam and ANYROAM across town…really nice!…6000
eduroamers every day going in local shops!!!)

With the emergence of Hotspot2.0 and the various RCOI the Guest Access
Discussion will take some interesting turn for sure. We are  preparing our
eduroam-NRO software
platform to handle some of those challenges.. to be continued :)

Best,

Philippe

Philippe Hanset, CEO
www.anyroam.net