> Would you recommend we use an incommon public signed cert even if we’re able
> to have every BYOD client install our self-signed cert?
No. The InCommon CA must adhere to the CA/Browser forum's rules for a
CA. As such, the lifetime of the cert is limited to just over 2 years.
Having a network connection break after 2 years, for no apparent
reason, is a frustrating user experience. Using your own PKI/CA does
not have this restriction.

--
Jonathan Waldrep
Network Engineer