From: The EDUCAUSE Wireless Issues Community Group Listserv
<WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU> On Behalf Of Letts, Richard J
Sent: 02 April 2020 21:31
To: WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU
Subject: Re: [WIRELESS-LAN] Any experience of losses through CLT (Cross
Laminated Timber) Floors?

Take a look at this article: https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/8740123
W. Conniott, J. Vieira, S. Monteiro and R. F. S. Caldeirinha, "Low Cost Radio
Shielding Effectiveness using Carbonised Wood," 2019 13th European Conference
on Antennas and Propagation (EuCAP), Krakow, Poland, 2019, pp. 1-4.

It has a number of good graphs of attenuation and a table for attenuation of
signals at 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz wifi
The closest example that have is two 9cm CLT with a 10cm gap between them
(~=180mm) -- the SE was 16.05dB (2.4Ghz wifi) and 22.63dB (5GHz Wifi)

The composition of the floor tiles might be significant, e.g. if they're
anti-static as that might look more like the carbonized wood example.

Richard Letts