This message is being cross-posted to the Netman and Wireless-LAN Lists.

For our first virtual meetup on April 17, we had over 100 people attend the
Zoom meeting.  We covered 7 topics related to our response to handling the
changes in our campus environments caused by Covid-19.  As CG Leaders, we feel
the meeting kept a good pace and that there was a lot of great participation
and valuable sharing of information.   Thank you to everyone that participated
as we think our first virtual session turned out to be a nice success.   To see
how broad the participation was, we compiled a geographical summary of those
that participated:

Geographical Summary of Attendees (April 17 Meetup)
Region              Attended
Canada                 3
Europe                 1
Mid-Atlantic           9
Mountain West          5
Northeast             14
Pacific Ocean          4
Pacific West          12
Southeast             16
Southwest              6
New York/New Jersey    9
Midwest-(Central TZ)  19
Midwest-(Eastern TZ)   8
Total                106

To review what topics we covered and some of the comments made on the
discussion board, here's a link to our Covid-19 meeting:

Lean Coffee Table Discussion Board - Fri, April 17
https://www.leancoffeetable.com/TaskBoard/View/7bcaae9e-7c9c-45d3-aacb-cc6c61de3165?guest=true<https://nam03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.leancoffeetable.com%2FTaskBoard%2FView%2F7bcaae9e-7c9c-45d3-aacb-cc6c61de3165%3Fguest%3Dtrue&data=02%7C01%7Cmferguson%40CHAPMAN.EDU%7Cdb9db86ff14b4a60027208d7d58e1916%7C809929af2d2545bf9837089eb9cfbd01%7C1%7C0%7C637212678611774578&sdata=%2BRPavaeRFpooN%2FBhhZqH8a64OOTC2SHtuTizVb7yzgc%3D&reserved=0>

FUTURE MEETINGS

We CG Leaders have been weighing how often to host future meetings.  After a
couple weeks of exploring different options, we feel it would be a good balance
to host them once every other month, or once every two months.  We'll also try
and  schedule the virtual meetings on the 3rd Friday of the "on" month, unless
something else is occurring like the Annual Conference..

List of our upcoming virtual meetings:

June - Friday, June 19 (3-4 pm Eastern, 12-1 pm Pacific | Topic - Network
Monitoring Tools
August - Friday, August 21 (3-4 pm Eastern, 12-1 pm Pacific)  | Topic - To be
determined
October - Annual Conference (To be Determined as far as date and whether onsite
or virtual) | Topic - Open Discussion + 2 10 minute Presentations

For those that already registered for the April virtual meeting, you'll already
be included in the invite for the next virtual meeting in June.  But if anyone
prefers not to be included in the invite for June, let me know via email saying
you want to opt out.  I'll also be sending everyone that already registered  a
more detailed Agenda of our April meeting (even if you weren't able to attend)
that includes the Zoom Chat that took place during our verbal conversation.  It
ended up that Zoom chat was a lot more friendlier to use to communicate with
each other than the comments feature in Lean Coffee Table.  I hope that Lean
Coffee Table fixes that shortcoming in the next release.  In future meetings,
we can focus on using Zoom chat rather than entering comments in Lean Coffee
Table for the non-verbal discussion.

As you already saw listed above, the topic for our June meeting will be Network
Monitoring Tools.  This is the burning topic that many of us discussed in late
January & early February, which spearheaded us to start getting together to
host virtual meetups.  Jeff Farese took a lot of our discussion back then and
summarized it in 5 categories.  I've taken that list from Jeff and created 5
topic cards for our discussion in Lean Coffee Table.

Lean Coffee Table Discussion Board - Fri, June 19
https://www.leancoffeetable.com/TaskBoard/View/6612ba72-522e-46a8-aabf-e21094a4ce02?guest=true

Feel free to vote on any of those topics if they interest you, or submit your
own topic if you have something else in mind.  If you want to join our meeting
in June and haven't registered yet, please enter your email address using this
Google survey form and we'll add you to the list.  If you use your personal
email account rather than your University or business email address, can you
send me an email to let me know who you are?

Zoom Meetup Registration Link
https://forms.gle/2oejM51UB4HaQ6G78

--
Mike Ferguson