Colleagues,

The Network Managers and Wireless CG groups are looking to team up with the
Communication Technology group to offer three half day sessions in October and
November to be filled with presentations and discussions from our members.
This is a parallel virtual community forum that is occurring during the time
that Educause has their annual conference, but this virtual forum does not
require any registration with Educause to participate in their annual
conference.  In short, it is free and something the community will be
self-generated.

The dates are October 26th, November 12th, and November 16th between noon and
4PM EST.

In order to make this work, we need your proposals for presentations ASAP.
Each accepted proposal would be given up to 30 minutes.  If you think you have
a topic that can be covered in 10 minutes, then great!  You are under no
obligation to fill up the slot.  Topics can be anything relevant to our CG
areas.  This is a wonderful opportunity for many of those out there to get a
chance to present their successes/challenges to their peers.  The Comm Tech
group is close to filling 2 of the 3 slots with their presentations already.
So we really need you folks to step up to give us the additional content.

If you are willing to present, please send an email to:
r...@unc.edu<mailto:r...@unc.edu>;
jeffrey.far...@uga.edu<mailto:jeffrey.far...@uga.edu>;
ily...@rollings.edu<mailto:ily...@rollings.edu>;
eric_ke...@harvard.edu<mailto:eric_ke...@harvard.edu>

Included in the email should be:

  1.  Topic you would like to discuss
  2.  Number of presenters (and names/titles)
  3.  Time needed for presentation

We would like to have all submissions to us by end of September.  If you can
get the ideas to us sooner, rather than later, that would be great.

Something to keep in mind...  There are all types of individuals in this group,
and do not feel as though your particular presentation has to be super
technical.

We will be determining how / if registration will be required for the event and
will let you know.

Ryan Turner
Head of Networking
Communication Technologies | Information Technology Services
r...@unc.edu<mailto:r...@unc.edu>
+1 919 445 0113 (Office)
+1 919 274 7926 (Mobile)