From: The EDUCAUSE Wireless Issues Community Group Listserv
<WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU> On Behalf Of Mallon, Jason
Sent: Friday, October 09, 2020 7:30 AM
To: WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU
Subject: [WIRELESS-LAN] Client roaming

Wondering if anybody else is seeing this.  We currently have devices doing a
lot of roaming between 5 and 2.4 radios, especially in the dorms.  I would not
think anything of it normally, but they are moving from a -52 to -58 on the 5
radio to a -75 or worse on the 2.4 radio.  This doesn't seem to matter what
SSID they are connected to.  Band select is enabled on all SSIDs.  We are
running Cisco 8540 WLCs on 8.10.130.  Most of the complaints are coming from
the dorms, so I am not sure if it is happening on our other controllers with an
older code level.

Thanks,
Jason Mallon | Network Engineer III
[/var/folders/h2/r448cc4j4_v70yns10brx6r00000gq/T/com.microsoft.Outlook/Content.MSO/90F25235.tmp]
OIT
The University of Alabama
<https://www.ua.edu/>jemal...@ua.edu<mailto:jemal...@ua.edu>
[/var/folders/h2/r448cc4j4_v70yns10brx6r00000gq/T/com.microsoft.Outlook/Content.MSO/8434B70B.tmp]