On 2020-11-17 17:13:31, Johnson, Christopher wrote:
> We got some great recommendations a couple years ago for some USB 5GHz
> Adapters that we could recommend to students with 2.4GHz only laptops.
> But today, we've received an inquiry for recommendations on a combo
> Wi-Fi/Bluetooth Adapter for three desktops.

 If you can go with an internal card (PCIe or M.2), every 802.11ax card
on the market is just a rebranding of the Intel AX200 (with an adapter
board, in the case of PCIe). It's a solid choice.

 And as far as I can tell, the fancy heat sinks are solely to obfuscate
that their product is exactly like everyone else's.

 I've heard rumor that there can be driver issues, but neither me
(Linux), nor my coworkers (Windows) have experienced any issues. I have
seen issues with 802.11ac Intel cards and ax networks. That doesn't
apply here, though. Whatever the case, you will be best served by
getting the latest drivers directly from Intel.

 It is worth noting this is currently the only path to a Wi-Fi 6 client.
It is dirt cheap, so I really don't see a reason to not go with it.

--
Jonathan Waldrep
Network Engineer