From: The EDUCAUSE Wireless Issues Community Group Listserv
<WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU> On Behalf Of Jeffrey D. Sessler
Sent: Thursday, April 22, 2021 12:04 PM
To: WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU
Subject: Re: [WIRELESS-LAN] WPA3/OWE as campus solution?

On 2021-04-21 21:30:53+0000, Tim Cappalli wrote:
>  I'd also like to address the comment about post-college experience.
>
>  Most organizations these students are going to work at are going to
> require MDM or MAM on their personal devices. So I fundamentally
> disagree with the comment that they won't deal with "enrollment" post
> campus life.

On the above specifically.  In every business scenario I've encountered, and
it's at EDU level now too, unless you are going to compensate the user for
access/control of their device, the business has no right to require MDM.  This
is in the same territory as requiring an employee to check business email from
a personal device - it must be only as an employee opt-in convenience, and not
a substitute for the business providing that person the tools they need to do
their job.

That's a long trip version of saying that a business is going to hand their
employee a pre-enrolled/managed company-owned device(s) where it is the
business' responsibility to handle whatever onboarding they've established for
their company assets.  The individual will never encounter this activity (nor
should they) with a personal device they own.

Jeff