I am assuming he has mostly RG1100 and KN-50 clients like the rest of us. I know the RG's and KN-50's could be flashed back to standard 802.11b client software...not sure how nstream does its polling, does it require specific software on the CPE like Karlnet.

We are in the same boat and should probably be considering a change as well.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dan Metcalf" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "'WISPA General List'" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, August 01, 2005 1:51 PM
Subject: RE: [WISPA] Looking fora new system

With nstream you could do both

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of Marlon K. Schafer (509) 982-2181
Sent: Monday, August 01, 2005 2:41 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; WISPA General List

If you are going to go that route and spend that much money (you'll need new cpe too it sounds like) I'd drop the 2.4 gig stuff and go with a new 5 gig
system.  Keep what you've got up on the tower and put the new gear up in
addition to what you have.  Then move people off as devices fail.

It'll save you a LOT of time and trouble to go that way.

My 5 gig system is still Trango. I'll look at the new Airaya and SB gear as
we get some more time on them.

laters,
Marlon
64.146.146.12 (net meeting)