I replaced just the SBC (kn-205 board) and all is well for now, the radio
themselves are okay.

So I'm not sure that the current came in through the antenna, but rather some
how came across the cat5, connecting the tower ground to the AC ground (if
indeed they are separate grounds)

I will find out tomorrow and hopefully resolve the issue before I loose any more
equipment

Dan