I'm in favor of that

How about just requiring tighter beam control on 6ghz stuff ?

I'm sure a 2 foot dish could be restricted down to a tighter beam...

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Marlon K.
Schafer (509) 982-2181
Sent: Thursday, August 04, 2005 7:37 PM
To: FCC Discussion
Cc: wireless@wispa.org
Subject: [WISPA] 6 foot 6ghz antenna rule

Hi All,

For those that don't know, the 6 gig band is licensed ptp only.  It's a pretty
cheap license and you can get a LOT of throughput for very long distances.

For short (less than 50 miles :-) the 6' antenna requirement often kills the
deal because of size limits on what towers can handle.  Or the building owner
doesn't want such large antennas etc.

Certainly for something that just shoots a mile or three up the road it's a
tough rule to deal with.

I'm not exactly sure how to go about it but I've got the name of the person at
the FCC that'll help us if we'd like to request a rule change.

I'd like to suggest that we push for elimination of the 6' antenna rule for the
6 gig band.  If people are worried about undue interference in the band due to
the wider beam antennas we could toss out an APC (automatic power
control) requirement to use smaller antennas.

Thoughts?
Marlon
64.146.146.12 (net meeting)
www.odessaoffice.com/wireless