-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Charles Wu
Sent: Friday, August 05, 2005 12:01 AM
To: 'WISPA General List'
Subject: RE: [WISPA] Fw: [WISP] Fw: [isp-clec] FCC & DSL-WBIA
ACTIONRecommendation

<snip> The other day, I stated what you just said, and I got flamed by
Johnny O for "poo-pooing" the WISP industry </snip>

Charles - I did not flame you - And the reason I posted and said what I
did was because of your arrogant attitude towards the Mom and Pop WISPs.
My response was a build up of reading your posts the past several months
- YES I READ YOUR POSTS ! I agree with a LOT of what you say, but there
are many times we have difference of opinions. I enjoy reading your
posts...... And yes - when I feel bitten - I will bite back...

JohnnyO

Now, I state that the WISP industry is a force, and I get smacked again

Jeez...

That said, although WISPs are cheap and WISPs have no money and etc etc
etc, you can't deny the fact that collectively speaking, the WISP
industry is "somewhat" of a force in the broadband industry.  Right now,
it's estimated that there are over 1 million broadband subs in the US
alone being serviced by WISPs...given that there are only about 30
million broadband subs in total around the country, 1/30th of the market
isn't exactly "nothing"

In fact, if the WISP market didn't exist, why would the FCC, in their
3650 ruling, state that it was set aside for WISPs

Hrm...maybe this is impetus to do a survey of the WISP industry (e.g.,
let's find every WISP) - get a customer count, etc - it would be
interesting to now what the true size of it actually is

Some food for thought

-Charles