I think you guys are wrong on this. This is still a ptp band and it's licensed. So interference issues can be dealt with.

As for links that are not correctly aimed. Why in the world would we want to give up on what could be a very useful rule change just because some minority (probably a very small minority) will likely screw up?

Think, instead about how nice it would be if the manufacturers could modify today's relatively cheap 5 gig radios to do 6 gig. It's not all that much of a leap. But today MANY of you couldn't use that gear because you'd never be able to mount the antennas. Or because it's licensed gear it's still nearly twice the cost of unlicensed.

It's easy to come up with reasons not to make changes. A man once told me that if no one ever changed we'd still all be eating with our fingers. Your points are valid but I don't think they are likely enough to happen that it'll matter. Or we can take steps now to deal with those issues. Again, it's a licensed band, interference isn't really an issue. You have protection against that.

I've got a customer in Fresno that's got no place to go with 2.4 or 900. He's using VERY high end radios in the 5 gig bands. Even the big boy toys won't work well anymore. Even ptp links. He's getting by but it's getting much harder all of the time. He needs the 6 gig band to pull some ptp links around but can't use them because of the antenna size issue.

And lets not forget about the cost part of the mix. 6' antennas are listing for $1800 in the EC cat without a raydome. That's for a good Radio Waves unit, but still.

I really can't see a down side to trying that comes anywhere near the potential upside. I see a few that don't think it's a good thing. Do the rest of you agree with that? I happen to think that anything that gives us more flexibility without letting the bad people out there do bad things is a good thing to try to do.

Marlon
64.146.146.12 (net meeting)
www.odessaoffice.com/wireless
www.odessaoffice.com/marlon/cam