It hasn't been organized at this point. Committee volunteers anyone? Its hot this month, but maybe September @ Land 'o Lakes?

Ron Wallace wrote:

Where and when is the "TENT CAMP WISPA"?

---- Original message ----
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2005 03:39:24 -0600
From: "A. Huppenthal" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Subject: Re: [WISPA] Trade SHows To: WISPA General List <wireless@wispa.org>

WISPCON? dooooghnuts.. .arrrr... call me homer... I'm there
man... I'll
bring the Chianta Classico Roberto Stucchi 2001 to wash them
down.... ($8)
I'm still excited about the tent camp WISPA meeting... we
all just drive
someplace that's got a lake, river, a field for camping out
with the
family, or someone elses' family.. a few trees, a
microphone and place
for any of us to get up and talk about the latest 50 mile
shot @ 30
megabits, 100 customers per AP, 4.9 Ghz frying pan,
community broadband
concepts, all off the cuff and unplanned, un-regulated...
contest to see
who can come the closest to breaking FCC regs on AP,
backhaul and SM..
or just jetskis and we call it the WiFi Ride... :-)

Its true, I'd prefer to just hang with the rest of the
couragous, hard
headed, independent, 'I ain't buying nothing from nobody
unless I get to
dissassemble it' WISPr's than listen to sales talk, but
that's me. Maybe
Trango would sponsor a week long burn in of the Atlas radios.

WISPCON may have to do for me... Any jetskis at WISPCON...
doughnuts
after shots of tequila, petition-signing to stop all
DSL/Cable/Community
anti-trust activities, and a march on the City Hall
(whatever City it
is) would give me a giggle as well. hmmm.. A couple of
places come to
mind..

Anyone got a tractor and a field with a lake close by? I
smell Woodstock
WiFi.

Mac Dearman wrote:

I couldn't agree more with you Alex - -

$500.00 smackers is a bunch for meeting up with my
wireless bud's. I
am gonna attend the WISPCON this time around and I would
really love
to go to ISPCON. I talked to Larsen the other day and
about it and
that is my plans. I aint gonna pay no $500.00 to learn how
to spell
antenna, but I will spend $5K to meet up with some of
y'all. We can
get together and have our own grown up discussion about
whatever we
feel relevant - - - -- - - -

So - - You gonna make WispCon? I will get the room with
double beds
and you can shack with me. We can trash the bar every
night and eat
all the donuts early in the morning while everyone else is
learning
about microwave paths and how to add up how many mw's make
watt!!!!!! I do know that there are free buffets at
certain hotels as
well IF you can get to the 4th floor!! Damn - - I have
turned into bad
blood hanging with all these other ISP's

Harnish - - where you gonna be and what you gonna attend?

Ron Wallace
Hahnron, Inc.
220 S. Jackson St.
Addison, MI 49220