Now rock climbing, that sounds fun.  I wonder how far $600 would go in a rock climbing club.

Lonnie Nunweiler wrote:
I agree.  If you have ever seen one come down you know that it should
be built correctly, and not by some guy who is cheap and dirty.  A
poorly constructed or installed tower can do much property damage and
can even kill.

I think common sense is great, but professional sense with respect to
technical or trade things is better.

If you do not wish to take a complete safety course why not approach
your local fire dept and see if they would give some pointers at
least.  Join a rock climbing club and really get into it.  The same
issues are there when you are hanging on to a rock face and a slip or
fall means certain death.

Lonnie