:)
Alex
You forgot to mention the blindfold.
Too funny.
:)

Glad  wisps have a cents of humor

George

A. Huppenthal wrote:
First thing I do is get some leather soled, slip on shoes. I walk through the mud and hop on the tower. I take an extra jacket that I tie off to my waist and, if my legs get tired, re-tie it to the tower leg and around me. Normally, the backpack I have on is filled with tools - I bring everything, power drill, bits, wratchet set - its heavy and bulky, but better than having to return to the ground. I usally wear just one glove, that way if the ice on the tower is bothering my bare hand I can just hold on with the gloved hand. I find it challanging when the wind is blowing just before an electrical storm to get to the highest part of the tower before I hear the thunder. I'll count down 1.2.3.4.5 after the flash, and if I can get to 3, I know I'm safe.

Sometimes my loose jacket will snag on an antenna on the way up and hold me up for a few seconds but I can swing around holding on with one hand. I never climb with a rope. If I do drag a rope up with me, I make sure its a nylon one - light and with no give. I'll weave it through the tower as I go up, and keep the end of it wrapped up on one hand - usually the bare one.

Once I'm up above 100 feet, I'll lock an arm around the tower and put much shoe into a cross member to get relaxed. Sometimes the blood cuts off in my arm and I can't feel anything in that arm, but I know I'm safe. Often when I'm pulling up a 150 lbs of extra stuff on a '25 tower, it tends to band into other antennas and get stuck, but if you pull really hard, you can normally get it loose.

And if you do any of this stuff, don't call yourself a professional, or complain if you are dead in a day of climbing.