Rick, I've been on the p-15 list all day, the irc chat rooms all evening.

There's a tremendous amount of help offered.  Lots of warm bodies and some very good stuff.

One of the things I'd like to address, is that there are a LOT of us with small businesses who simply haven't the $$$ to support ourselves going down there.    Cisco, Nortel, and others "volunteer", but they also find themselves on the receiving end of contracts later that are often highly profitable and more than make up for thier expenses "donating" stuff to the cause.

We're never going to see such a thing.   What we donate, we do without any chance of recovery.

That dollar we don't make because we're not answering our phone, or at the job, or that dollar we spend trying to do the mission...  we'll never see again.    This makes those donations, efforts, and willingness on the part of people I KNOW will feel a lot of pain over doubly more impressive.   None of us will get a contract from LA, AL, MS, FEMA, or anyone else to do rebuilding.

Michael seems to have what I consider a daunting task ahead of him - not one I'd step up and take on.   Same with Mac, Jim Patient, and others we've seen.   I'd love to donate to all of these... but my bank account has a - sign in front of the numbers.   I have no money to donate.   I don't even know how I'm going to survive here when I"m NOT in the disaster zone...  Oh, the business bills are paid, I have my bandwidth ,and the leases are paid...  I just don't know if I'll have a home in 2 months.   It's that bad for a bit.

But let me carpool with 2 others to foot the diesel bill, and I'll take a pickup, barrells of fuel in, and work 18 hour days.   I see the pictures of these people on TV and I cannot help myself.   I am so incredibly better off than them.   I have hope.  I know my family is safe.  I have a good future.  My world won't change much if I take the time and go.   My business won't be hurt much, if at all, if I go.  So how could I not be willing?

And if I am part of one action, that enables someone to save one life... it will have all been more than worth it.  I don't need or want my name in any paper, or on any list, or spoken anywhere.  I just want to meet my Maker some day and hear "I was hungry and you fed me, I was sick and you came to me, I was thirsty and you gave me drink...I was dying and you helped save my life."

Those of you who are and have given...  you're the epitome of what's good and right in this country.   You're examples to us all.

God Bless...

North East Oregon Fastnet, LLC 509-593-4061
personal correspondence to:  mark at neofast dot net
sales inquiries to:  purchasing at neofast dot net
Fast Internet, NO WIRES!
Sent: Friday, September 02, 2005 8:44 PM
Subject: RE: [WISPA] Part-15/WISPA Cooperative Effort

Mark,

The first task at hand is to discover what the WISP industry can offer to FEMA and the FCC to help reestablish the telecommunications infrastructure in the damaged areas.  At this point there is no command central but we need to make our donations in the next few hours so that we have an idea how much we can commit to doing in the help effort.  It is time to put your money, labor or ideas where you mouth is.  Make your donation either to the WISPA paypal account of [EMAIL PROTECTED] or to the links posted on the WISPA or Part 15 webpages.  All of these donations will be compiled and submitted with a report Michael is writing tonight and tomorrow morning.  I’m sure we will keep accepting donations and volunteers to help past the noon deadline tomorrow.  This is only the first step towards creating a plan to rebuild.  If you can help, let us know!

Rick Harnish

President

OnlyInternet Broadband & Wireless, Inc.

260-827-2482 Office