Hello all,

We now have the WISPA Louisiana Crisis Center setup at Mac Dearman's HQ in Rayville, Louisiana. If anyone wants to call and coordinate volunteer help, equipment or press contacts, please call one of our two toll-free lines:

You can also contact me via email at [EMAIL PROTECTED]

A record of our efforts and projects underway will be online at http://www.thelar.com/

We have a group of 12 people on hand right now and are organizing the available equipment and deployment assignments for the rest of the week. We now have the "WISP tent shelter" set up in Mac's front yard and most everyone has turned in for bed so we can get a good start on things tomorrow.

Here is a short summary of the equipment we have on hand, the equipment we are expecting, equipment needed and projects that we will be working on for tomorrow:

Here is our list of assets:

5 vehicles (including three capable of installs)
2 3'  5.8Ghz dishes (from PacWireless)
2 StarOS Point to Point Links (from Jeffco SOHO)
2 Trango TLink10 links (from Trango)
1 Vivato AP/Bridge (from Excelsio Communications)
2 BSD Servers (from Infotex)
1 Linux Server (fom Infotex)
10 Mesh wireless CPE/AP boxes (from Center for Neighborhood Technology)
6 Orinoco Ethernet Converter boxes (from BSC)
3 8db 2.4Ghz Omni Antennas (from BSC)
1 15db 2.4Ghz Omni Antenna (from BSC)
2 Cisco 1900 APs (from BSC)
3 18db Flat Panel Antennas (from BSC)
3 AP3 Access Points  (from BSC)
8 Orinoco Cards (from BSC)
1 AP 1000 AP (from Business Systems Connection)
10 Aeronaut CPE units (from Jeffco SOHO)
25 900mhz mobile antennas (from Steve Field)

ON THE WAY (estimated ETA Thursday morning)
2 2' 5.8Ghz Dishes (from Microcom)
2 3' 5.8Ghz Dishes (from Microcom)
10 18db 2.4Ghz panel antennas (from Microcom)
15 Deliberant 2.4Ghz CPE radios (from Deliberant Wireless)
300 Nortel Baystack 10/100 managed switches (from Biltmore Communications)

AVAILABLE ON DEMAND:
Windows XP Licenses (Microsoft)
StarOS Licenses (Station-Server and Jeffco SOHO)

NEEDED EQUIPMENT:

PCs with keyboards, mice and monitors
VOIP Phones

IMMEDIATE DEPLOYMENT PLANS:

Wednesday:
Link from Baskin to Gilbert, La
Link from Delhi to Tolulah, La
Turn on three shelters with PCs and VOIP phones in Talulah, LA
Document Inetsouth.com network in Visio
Establish three separate teams - VOIP, wireless and network
Strategic planning for Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday projects

Please call or email with any information. Thanks from all of us here for your help and moral support. We intend to make the WISP industry proud!

Matt Larsen