Video stream Mac from the field into the FCC meeting........Brad

-----Original Message-----
From: George [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, September 13, 2005 1:27 PM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: Re: [WISPA] Need Inputs From Hurricane Relief WISP Teams
ForFCCPresentation on Thursday

John Scrivner wrote:
> I know Matt has been away from home a bunch lately but I think we should
> send Matt Larsen to this FCC event if he will go. We can take the $500
> from Charles as part of the expense and have WISPA cover the rest. I
> think we need a front line guy to speak at this event. I think we should
> ask Michael to introduce Matt and yield a bit of his time if the FCC
> will not grant Matt his own time. This shows unity between industry
> groups and gives Part-15 and WISPA both an opportunity to show our
> efforts in helping those in need. Thoughts?
> Scriv

I agree that Matt would do well if he could find someone to talk to.
And he would be in the top of the list of people I would want to go to
Washington and represent us.

However, Marlon, if he has the time, has experience of "roaming the
halls of the FCC" looking for someone to talk to.

Maybe Marlon would be a better choice in this instance?

WISPA hasn't been formally invited to talk to the FCC people, so the
person that goes will need to cold call, which might be difficult to do.

I think this is the perfect time to talk to Washington, and make sure or
reinforce that it was WISPA  quick actions that got phone, broadband,
and computers into the hands of the displaced. Mac Dearman and WISPA
were "First Responders"

We need to make sure that we get this credit  right away. As time passes
on, a lot will be forgotten and it will be much harder to get the type
of exposure we now deserve.

It would also be good to sometime in the future have a special trip to
Washington for the member wisps of wispa who were effected and those who
volunteered the time and effort to be quick responders.
Guys like Mac need to be recognized for their quick actions, especially
in light of how slow it took the government to respond.

Just my thoughts.

George

This mail was sent via mail.alvarion.com

********
viruses.
********

This mail passed through mail.alvarion.com

********
viruses.