From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of David A. Browning
Sent: Friday, September 16, 2005 12:00 PM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: RE: [WISPA] Satellite Anyone?

I use satellite in my mobile wireless distribution trailers. With commercial
grade accounts the bandwidth is decent, but the inherent latency makes VOIP
typically unusable. You of course notice some delay on the click through
items as well, but what do you expect for a signal that has to travel 50,000
miles round trip? There are better systems than Direcway, but the equipment
costs are ten times more. Direcway's systems are based on TV signal and data
has to be converted in the transition,  others are based off data signals
only have far lower latency.

Thanks!

David A. Browning
Advanced Wireless Networks