---- Original message ----
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 23:29:11 -0400
From: Bob Moldashel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Subject: Re: [WISPA] We got the FCC's attention...Now it is
time to tell Congress what you think...RIGHT NOW !!!!!!!! Instructions included in every detail
To: WISPA General List <wireless@wispa.org>

John Scrivner wrote:

We are asking for use of any unused channels now. That is
what 04-186
is all about. In my local area this accounts for about 300
Mhz of
available spectrum! We are also asking for a block of
channels (some
are saying channels 2 through 4) which will become
broadband
unlicensed channels for good after the digital television
transition
is complete in 2008. This will essentially become a WISP
band.
I hope that helps,
Scriv

Just my 2 cents

Channels 2 thru 4 IMHO will be a nightmare. We have public
safety
agencies fighting "skip" (the ability of low band signals to
travel
hundreds of miles using low power) just below Channel 2
during the
summer months. If we wind up with these we will surely have interference issues with each other as well as other lower
frequency
issues that are present with this band.

I really think we need something in the 175-600 Mhz. range.
Something
that will keep most signals in the same area and
not "bounce" them to
the next state certain times of the year.

-B-

--
Bob Moldashel
Lakeland Communications, Inc.