Great point, agreed.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bob Moldashel" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "WISPA General List" <wireless@wispa.org>
Sent: Wednesday, October 12, 2005 11:29 PM
Subject: Re: [WISPA] We got the FCC's attention...Now it is time to tellCongress what you think...RIGHT NOW !!!!!!!! Instructions includedin every detail

John Scrivner wrote:

We are asking for use of any unused channels now. That is what 04-186 is all about. In my local area this accounts for about 300 Mhz of available spectrum! We are also asking for a block of channels (some are saying channels 2 through 4) which will become broadband unlicensed channels for good after the digital television transition is complete in 2008. This will essentially become a WISP band.
I hope that helps,
Scriv

Just my 2 cents

Channels 2 thru 4 IMHO will be a nightmare. We have public safety agencies fighting "skip" (the ability of low band signals to travel hundreds of miles using low power) just below Channel 2 during the summer months. If we wind up with these we will surely have interference issues with each other as well as other lower frequency issues that are present with this band.

I really think we need something in the 175-600 Mhz. range. Something that will keep most signals in the same area and not "bounce" them to the next state certain times of the year.

-B-

--
Bob Moldashel
Lakeland Communications, Inc.