I agree with you, DNS traffic normally is pretty low. Do you all just swap phyiscal boxes? That something I hadn't heard of before. Seems like a good idea.

Justin Wilson wrote:

Message: 1
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 11:11:04 -0600
From: "A. Huppenthal" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [WISPA] Secondary DNS
To: WISPA General List <wireless@wispa.org>

In the old days... :-) 1988-93 my nameserver handed some secondary
requests on a volunteer basis for other domain owners.
How is everyone dealing with the general good practice of dual DNS
geographically seperated?

What we do, and still do, is trade with other providers for backup servers.
We like to find providers that have different backbones than we do. We
usually trade box for box. Works out quite well. Hardly notice the traffic.

Justin