I have dealt with Mr. Comroe and his software in the past and he is a very helpful gentleman.

I no longer use it, but that is not due to any problems with him or his software. It was for monitoring canopy radios and Moto made changes to the radio firmware that broke compatibility.

I don't think he had any intention to spam. I say give him a second chance.

On Nov 3, 2005, at 3:28 PM, John Scrivner wrote:

I am forwarding this message to the group because this individual is not trying to spam us and is actually benefiting us I think. I am sorry if any of you think this is spam. He did not ask me to forward it onto the list. I feel it is good information and should be shared with the group. I will likely call on him for some assistance myself to see if I can streamline some of my wireless system monitoring and housekeeping tasks.
Thank you Rich,
Scriv

-------- Original Message --------
Subject:     Fw: [off-list] Tracking Signal / Noise / Resends / Etc.
Date:     Thu, 3 Nov 2005 12:49:43 -0600
From:     rcomroe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To:     <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

On-List I gave you some useful pointers about monitoring methods / tools. Off-list, I'd encourage you to look at www.comroestudios.com. I'm pretty small, and just provide tools to wisps at a fraction of what than the larger companies charge. But I know what you're looking for and try to provide that to wisps. If you're interested I could help you out. As far as a vendor membership to WISPA, what's it cost? I sell only a tiny amount of product as a retirement hobby. But if you see what you need, I'd could be persuaded to become a member if it turned out to be mutually advantageous to WISPA as well as I.

I poll about 18 parameters from each radio every 5 minutes or so. Most are retained in a history file that I can look back through, or graph any time interval. Others are strip-charted so multiple charts can be viewed on a web page like MRTG. Beyond just viewing or logging performance, the other thing a WISP really needs is a tool that can script instructions and actions to automate functions ... network management is more than just "viewing / reviewing" performance. Most of the WISPs that use my tool operate Canopy, where the device has snmp and web based interfaces (but the snmp interface in Canopy doesn't really work properly). Therefore some scripts interact by http while most of the continuous polling is done by snmp. Just about any action can be automated by a script and operators typically can automate actions that cycle through all radios performing reconfigurations, searching bridge tables, or anything.

Rich

----- Original Message ----- From: "John Scrivner" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>