To: "Conversations over a new WISP Trade Organization" <wireless@wispa.org>
Sent: Friday, November 18, 2005 12:15 AM
Subject: [WISPA] WISPA and volunteers

I was looking into Geekcorps.com and found they are an organization that provides volunteers to poor areas of the world. Including some novel technology like coke-bottle antennas that cost $1 to build. :-)

I don't have much experience with a non-profit organization, but http://www.volunteermatch.org/nonprofits/ seems like an
interesting place to help get some support for a non-profit's operations.

I'd propose I register a non-profit or WISPA on this website and see if I can't find some additional volunteers to take on more projects we all coulld benefit from.

Any thoughts on getting more going in general, not necessarily under the WISPA umbrella? For example, group buys, group insurance, general regional or national meetings. I've always believed that some of the power of a group of WISPs is its collective ability to negociate for product and services. WISPA can't be a cooperative buying club for example, but one could be formed.

Its snowing in Aspen, so I'm ready to get together with you all in Florida or Hawaii.. :-)