Has anyone actually played with the 'WiMax' stuff in a deep rural environment with trees and leaves, Leaves and more LEAVES?

Every test I have seen for NLoS gear is for 'city' use where the problems are more multipath and noise or maybe 1 or 2 trees.

Out here, the real problem is trees and leaves.

Or is it gonna boil down to lower frequencies?

And if so, are we ever gonna see any?

I have tested several 900MHz systems and have never seen any real leaf penetration... (less than 1/2 mile) But that is better than the 300 feet on 2.4GHz...

Are we gonna see 'WiMax' on 900MHz?  Or lower?

--
Blair Davis

AOL IM Screen Name --  Theory240

West Michigan Wireless ISP