I got the same one email. I also get hit with cold calls for people wanting to fix my radios. I don't know if they are the same company, or a different scam. The call center making the calls doesn't seem to know much, but they REALLY want you to send them broken radios.

Them: Do you have any broken out of warranty Tranzeo (or transio) radios?
Me: No. I don't use Tranzeo
Them: We fix all major brands. What kind of wireless CPE do you use?
Me: Waverider. Do you fix Waverider?
Them: Let me check...... yeah, we fix them.
Me: How much.
Them: uh... does $275 sound right?
Me: Have you ever fixed one? We can buy new ones for about $250 in quantity.
Them: Oh yeah... we fix them all the time How many do you have?
Me: About 25
Them: Well if you send them in, we will send back half of the ones we fix for no charge.
Me: What do you do with the ones you can't fix?
Them: We keep them for spare parts.
Me: I see. Does your lab have a CCU to test signal level sensitivity with?
Them: Oh yeah, we have all kinds of meters and osciloscopes, and stuff.
Me: Do you know what a CCU is?
Them: uh... let me check..... hold on
(long pause)
Them: did we give you the address to send the equipment to?
Me: What equipment?
Them: the Wave equipment.
Me: Should I send the EUM's, the SPK's, or the GLD's. Can you fix all of those models? (I made up the last two)
Them: Oh yeah. We fix all of those.
Me: I will let you know.

Someone posted recently on how their CPE serial numbers that they sent in for repair showed up on ebay. I am not sure these "repair shops" spammers aren't fronts for ebay shops, but if they do a lot of "fix and send back half" work, they could have a lot of excess refirb equipment legitimately. I am just leary of anyone who "can fix anything" but doesn't know what it is.
Pete Davis
NoDial.net.

Reliable Internet, LLC wrote:

Do all you guys get this crap from them about once a week? I have asked several times to be removed from their spam list. Did they harvest this list or p-15?

Today I responded asking about how they fix these "Transio" they talk about. LOL! Stupid spammers can't even spell what they fix. :) I hate spam.