It might interest people here that Kismet is no longer a Linux-only
software.  There is now KisWin...
http://www.renderlab.net/projects/wrt54g/kiswin.html

The caveat is it requires a Linksys WRT54G or WRT54GS or similar to perform
the scanning (as a wireless receiver), and the Windows PC displays the
output.  One should avoid WRT54G version 5 (serial numbers starting with
CDFB) (it has half the flash and ram as earlier versions (2mb/8mb), and
runs VxWorks) and latest WRT54GS (serial numbers starting with CGN60) (it
has half the flash and ram as before (4mb/16mb)).
BTW, linksysinfo.org has a review article that compares all the versions of
the WRT54G's.