To: <wireless@wispa.org>
Sent: Thursday, January 12, 2006 11:10 AM
Subject: [WISPA] Redundant Connections

A little feedback from the collective is appreciated here. I have a high school who has bought a connection from me but is also stuck with an old T1 circuit under contract for the next 3 years. They want both connections to be used all the time and for all traffic to automatically go through the working connection if one fails. Basically they want load balancing and failover. All addresses are nat'd private space IPs. I would think I should be able to do this with Mikrotik and/or Star OS but I do not know how. Your thoughts and or other suggestions are highly appreciated. If only failover or only load balance is possible then suggestions on that are welcome also. By the way, the T1 provider is not me and will likely not work with me unfortunately. We have to leave their network settings intact.
Scriv