Jonathan Schmidt wrote:

[ stuff ]

This isn't terribly new, but it's a neat marketing gimmick.

There have been routers available for years that will accept multiple Internet connections, and bond them (after a fashion). This will probably have the same sort of limitations as that technology -- specifically, that they don't aggregate bandwidth. (You can't have two 1Mbps connections and then download one file at 2Mbps, for example, but you could now download two files simultaneously at 1Mbps.)

If the hardware is less than a grand, though, I'm sold. (We've got one client where this would be very useful, but right now we either need one of those $1000 boxes, or we need some ugly source-routing/policy-routing hacks.) Even if I don't use the "wireless" feature, I could just put two of these boxes next to each other and reap the benefits.

David Smith
MVN.net