Ahhhhh......Lets do some math.......

Lets say the radio has a +20 dB output. For this example there is no line loss. The antenna is rated at 30dB x-pole isolation. Here we go...

+20 dB
-30dB xpole
=
-10 dB receive level. In my book that is high enough to kill any link of the same freq on the opposite polarity....No???

Add to that a radio that needs to Rx and Tx on and off and you should have receiver blocking.......
-B-

Matt Liotta wrote:

Depending on various factors, you should see at least 15db of attenuation between polarizations on a dual-pol antenna. Theoretically, you should see 20db. In any case, 15db is enough attenuation even on the same channel to operate two links reliably.

-Matt

Jason Wallace wrote:

List,

When antennas are separated by normal distances, they can only "see" each other electromagnetically (ie, radio waves). However, when they are close they will experience capacitive and inductive coupling. Dual pol antennas work fine when only receiving (as in those large satellite dishes from the 80's that used 90° pol changes between adjacent channels). I think you will always have trouble overloading the receiver when transmitting with this setup.

--
Bob Moldashel
Lakeland Communications, Inc.